After Sinus Exposure
Important: Please read the information below to help your recovery from your oral surgery procedure at San Luis Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Dental Implant Center. If you have any questions, please call us before the day of your appointment: Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Office in San Luis Obispo CA Phone Number 805-541-5611.
- Your sinus cavity has been exposed following a surgical procedure. The sinus should heal without complication if you can help by following these instructions
- Please take prescribed antibiotics as directed. These are essential to prevent infection.
- Use all medication as directed on your prescription(s)
- Refrain from any vigorous mouth rinsing
- Do not smoke.
- Do not blow your nose. If necessary, wipe or blot with a tissue. Some discharge (perhaps containing blood) may be expected for the first few days.
- Do not suppress a sneeze. Heavy pressure with a finger against the upper lip will sometimes break the sneeze reflex. If you must sneeze, open the mouth widely during the sneeze to avoid pressure in the nasal and sinus area.
- Do not engage in water sports.
- Try not to travel by air within the first 72 hours after sinus surgery.
- Strict adherence to these instructions may prevent the necessity of surgical closure at some later date
- Please call our office at Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Office in San Luis Obispo CA Phone Number 805-541-5611 if you have any questions or any unusual occurrences related to the healing of the sinus area (24 hour answering service).