Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Important: Please read the information below to prepare for your oral surgery procedure with anesthesia at San Luis Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Dental Implant Center. If you have any questions, please call us before the day of your appointment: Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Office in San Luis Obispo CA Phone Number 805-541-5611.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office: Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Office in San Luis Obispo CA Phone Number 805-541-5611.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Janette prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Special circumstances regarding your care can and should be addressed at a consultation visit.
Choose Exceptional Oral Surgery
Dr. Janette can treat a variety of problems related to the mouth, teeth, and face. Contact us to schedule an appointment!